Kingston’s A400 solid-state drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system with incredible boot, loading and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a latest gen controller for read and write speeds up to 500MB/s and 450MB/s, this SSD is 10x faster than a traditional hard drive for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system.
Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, A400 is built with Flash memory. There are no moving parts, making it less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. It is also cooler and quieter, and its shock and vibration resistance which makes it ideal for notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
A400 is available in multiple drive form factors and capacities from 120GB–960GB to give you all the space you need for applications, videos, photos and other important documents. You can also replace your hard drive or a smaller SSD with a drive big enough to hold all your les. This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads and is not intended for Server environments.
• 10x faster than a hard drive — With incredible read/write speeds the A400 SSD will not only increase performance but can also be used to breathe new life into older systems.
• Rugged — A400 is shock- and vibration-resistant for rugged reliability when used in notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
• Multiple capacities — Available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB and 960GB capacities, A400 is designed to suit anyone’s needs.
• Ideal for desktops and notebooks — A400 comes in 2.5” 7mm and M.2 form factors to t in a wide array of systems. It is ideal for thin and light notebooks with limited space.
• Form factor: 2.5” & M.2 2280
• Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility
to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
• Capacities: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
• Baseline Performance:
Data Transfer (ATTO)
120GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 320MB/s Write
240GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 350MB/s Write
480GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 450MB/s Write
960GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 450MB/s Write
• Power Consumption: 0.195W Idle / 0.279W Avg / 0.642W (MAX) Read / 1.535W (MAX) Write
• Storage temperature: -40°C~85°C
• Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
100.0mm x 69.9mm x 7.0mm (2.5”)
80mm x 22mm x 1.35mm (M.2)
5.5g (128GB – M.2)
6.7g (256GB – M.2)
• Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
• Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
• Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
• Warranty: Limited 3-year
• Total Bytes Written (TBW):
120GB — 40TB
240GB — 80TB
480GB — 160TB
960GB — 300TB